Monday, October 27, 2008

Coop de' Etat



I don't know who remembers this photo from Vogue maybe 6 years ago. The Duchess of Windsor is feeding her chickens. In evening dress. Fabulous.
Today's design lesson with my high school kids was on prints, and I cooked up a little print with this photo as the theme. I wanted something that clearly shows the inspiration and the repeat. Generally I am not so literal. It looks like something that would be printed on 60/40 cotton poly from Walmart. I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole in the store, and I don't claim it is good, but I think it turned out funny so I thought I'd share it.


1 comment:

tarasammy said...

Hate chickens! Dirty, yucky and
fowl(s)Like the design but I truly don't care which came first, chicken... egg

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...