Friday, August 30, 2013

Four Cheese Spinach Garlic Pizza with Roasted Red Chile, Cilantro, and Lime Cauliflower

4 Cheese Pizza

Can we talk about soul food? Not necessarily fried chicken and definitely not Chicken Soup for the Soul. Food that enables you to rise up with David in Psalm 27:13-14 and say “I would have despaired unless I believed I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living” and know that the goodness of the Lord is right there on your plate. What I mean is really good adult food. Date food. Food that makes you feel closer to God and mankind when you eat it. 

I was just using up things that were taking up room in the fridge, and that kind of soul food is what showed up on my plate. That’s the kind of food I am suggesting you eat this weekend with people you love, but maybe serve the kids chicken nuggets if they aren't big into spinach because this is too good to waste. 

4 Cheese Pizza

This is a savory white pizza with a variety of cheese tastes, and the garlicky spinach grounds it. Are you paying attention? This is important: Please, please pair it with a delicious side of Roasted Cauliflower and Red Chile, Cilantro, and Lime from REMCooks.com  and something sweet to drink or a good fruit salad, because the savory-spicy-sweet combo is so good I am raving. In this case the side really makes the meal, and I can’t even take credit for it, so go give him some love over there. 

I used to grab any old pizza crust recipe, but I have finally found one I love. It is generously adapted from Allrecipes.com (click the link for the original) and I like it so much I have ditched my other recipes. I especially love it with King Arthur Unbleached White Whole Wheat Flour. It’s white but without the carb crash. 

Crust
1 Tbs active dry yeast
1 tsp brown sugar
1 cup warm water
2 1/2 cups flour
2 Tbs + 1 Tbs olive oil separated
1 tsp table salt
cornmeal 

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
Stir in flour, salt and 2 Tbs oil. Beat until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes.
Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round. Transfer crust to a lightly greased pizza pan dusted with cornmeal. 
Let rise in a warm place for a few minutes. Use your fingers to press depressions into the dough, and drizzle the final Tbs oil onto the surface. 

Topping 
1 1/2 Tbs olive oil
1 Tbs minced garlic
2 bunches spinach well washed and chopped,
6 oz mozzarella, shredded
2 oz. asiago cheese, shredded 
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
2 oz. provolone cheese, shredded

In a large skillet, heat 1 1/2 Tbs oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add spinach and cook for 2 more minutes.
Spread spinach mixture over crust and top with with cheese.
Bake at 450° F for 14 to 15 min, or until lightly browned and bubbly.
Download the printable version

4 Cheese Pizza

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...