Monday, December 9, 2013

Snow Day

Evergreen

Everyone loves a good snow day, except for me yesterday. What a cold front, huh? I was grumpy about lots of things yesterday, including, but by no means limited to: Finding hats, snow pants, mittens, tights, sweatshirts, and fuzzy socks. Sometimes you've just got to send everybody out to play while you take a hot bath.

Today I was ready to earn my Fun Momma badge back and we went out to play– but this time I knew where everything was!

First Snowman

We whipped up some snow cream, which my mom used to do when I was a kid.

Snow Babies

Here's my recipe:

  • 8 cups fresh, clean snow
  • 1/2 cup cream
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 3/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla

Stir vigorously.
Serves 6

Snow Cream

This isn't the first snow of the year for us, but my family used to celebrate first snow with a day off,  a pot of hot soup, board games and a jigsaw puzzle. There was a family in our church who threw a big pot luck party the night of the first snow where all the food was white. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water for Chile Blanco!
How about you? Do you have any beloved snow traditions?

Snow Angel

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...