Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Beads on Birds

beaded bird hook
New motherhood doesn't leave me too much time for soul-searching or fancy creating. It does, however, create new needs like where to hang the baby's hoodie towel in our oh-so-tiny bathroom.
beaded bird hook

Hooks are the solution. It seems I have a bit of a bird fetish, which explains why I had the unusual experience of falling for something at Hobby Lobby. They have tiny holes through which I strung beads on wire. I tried not to be too orderly or serious about it and the results are good, not least because I needed places to hang towels! I was thinking this would make a great slumber-party craft. Of course, by the time I need to think up crafts for sleep-overs I'm going to need many more hooks!

P.S. Don't you love the sculptural quality of shadows on pale walls?
Take time today to indulge in clean surfaces and shadows like some people indulge in chocolate...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...