Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Taking Space/Making Space

sale signs


Neutral belongings and activities take up space in your life to the exclusion of meaningful things, so Daniel and I put together a great big barn sale this weekend.

The intent was to sell everything we don't like or don't need.

Some things I couldn't help keeping, like our trash can that is an awkward size in which bags don't fit! Some things I couldn't resist saving, like slivers of broken mirror I want to cover something in.

taking space


We got rained out a little. Not everything sold, and some things will be going on Craig's list. Absence sometimes makes chaos, like how the absence of dressers are now making our wardrobes chaotic.



When I get everything back in order will I feel relieved? Clean? New? Will I sense the possibilities?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...