Thursday, January 20, 2011

Revenge Idea Exploration Sketchbook

Sketchbook Complete_Page_01


This sketchbook was a huge challenge to me both in terms of how short a time I had to finish it, and the subject. I was hoping, as I've said, to be assigned a lighter topic, but revenge it was. Drawing -when you have practiced it a long time at least- allows you to discover things about your point of view that the left side of your brain won't admit to. That was definitely the case here, because if I talk about revenge and pain I have some nice pat answers. After all, I've read the books, know the points, etc. How I should act and react in this crazy world is more amorphous in practice.

I am distinctly nervous to publish this. I am almost certain it will offend just about everyone I know for wildly conflicting reasons. It is one thing to put your work in a show and another to display it to friends and family. I am disciplining myself to do it, however, because I promised and because the point of this blog is to journal my creative work.

There is a reason for almost every single line, and definitely for every visual choice I made but I would rather let it unfold for you without my voice. So without further ado: Revenge.


Sketchbook Complete_Page_02


Sketchbook Complete_Page_03


Sketchbook Complete_Page_04


Sketchbook Complete_Page_05


Sketchbook Complete_Page_06


Sketchbook Complete_Page_07


Sketchbook Complete_Page_08


Sketchbook Complete_Page_09


Sketchbook Complete_Page_10


Sketchbook Complete_Page_11


Sketchbook Complete_Page_12


Sketchbook Complete_Page_13

Sketchbook Complete_Page_14


Sketchbook Complete_Page_15

Sketchbook Complete_Page_16

Sketchbook Complete_Page_17


Sketchbook Complete_Page_18


Sketchbook Complete_Page_19


Sketchbook Complete_Page_20


Sketchbook Complete_Page_21

1 comment:

Alysia Christine said...

Lydia, those were absolutely amazing, and I'm so glad you put them up. You put so much work and effort into this, and it came out incredible. Thank you for putting them on here, I really enjoy seeing your work. Miss you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...