Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Virtual Home Tour: Bedroom

bedroom vintage lace detail

Today I need to show you my bedroom because this is a long day, and bleak! We need something pretty to brighten it up, no?
For brightening, vintage linens never fail me. The pillow cases were made by a great-grandmother, and I found the spread in a garage sale. I mentally told myself "If it is $50 or under I'll go ahead and buy it." No matter that I was broke and in college! I asked the price and the lady asked "Um. Is $5 too much?" Out of respect for the crocheter I didn't bargain!


bedroom vaulted ceiling, deep window seats

I used another pale pink in this room, with creamy crown molding. The window sills are 18" deep, deep enough to keep your book and a glass of water in a room too small for a night stand.

bedroom chinoiserie

We used a lot of touches of chinoiserie, which seems appropriate in this most serene of all rooms.

bedroom closet knob detail

Cast iron echoes crochet bedroom

The cast iron hat stand echoes the laciness of the bed linens.

bedroom rocks and beams

This is my view from bed. The limestone was hand quarried in the 1800s and the ends of the beams are exposed. The play of light is always lovely.

bedroom chinoiserie screen

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...