Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Cartwheeling Geese + Rainbow Stripes = Love

Geese quilt

Okay now I am ready to show you the quilt top! Whatever precision I achieved on the squares themselves has been blown to pieces on the sashing, but I am not going to apologize for this not being a blue-ribbon worthy quilt top. What it lacks in technique it makes up in heart and pure joy. I will treasure the memories of Thacia sitting in my lap picking the colored strips at her whim while I sewed them together.
  
baby quilt top color combo close-up


I love the unpremeditated nature of the color combinations. I just tore strips from every solid colored cotton fabric I had, ironed out the kinks, cut them into roughly the same length and just let Thacia hand them to me at random.


baby quilt top color combo close-up


These are some of my favorites!

baby quilt top sashing


At the joins I mitered the strips. I really like how the squares look wonky even though they really aren’t. Sorry the photos are kind of blurry. I had to wait until a little someone was in bed before I had time to get the pictures!

1 comment:

leeannstone said...

Lydia, the quilt is beautiful...and this quilt of many colors is filled with much love...and those my friend are the most beautiful kind!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...