Thursday, July 19, 2012

Excuses, Excuses.

the well-thrifted toddler


Today I am going to give a lot of excuses, but I think they are legitimate, so I am going to call them reasons.

#1. I have not posted in a month because the girls and I got sick for a few weeks, and so I haven't made anything or had time to post anything in just about precisely a month. In the meantime, I have been working at learning the rudiments of Inkscape and Adobe Lightroom. I want to learn Inkscape so that I can share good quality patterns and printables with you, and I want to learn Lightroom because I want to share prettier pictures with you. So it hasn't been fruitless time, I just don't have much to show for it right now.  

#2. I get a weird feeling every time I look at the fabrics on my sewing table, because there are clothes I have been planning to make for the girls since long before it was spring anywhere else. Here's what happened. I was on a roll, and then we went to Disney World. That's all. When we came back, the roll was gone. I did make them a few great things before we left, but Thacia isn't always that keen to wear them. For instance, I made her a pair of puff leg overall shorts, and she snapped the buttons off. I am still trying to figure out how she did it, and where they went! I made her a dolman sleeve t-shirt she always manages to spill something on within a few minutes of donning it. I made her a gold metallic vest that she would only consent to wear once. I made both of them hats, but neither girl will wear her own! So that's why I haven't shared any pictures. I flat-out can't get any!

#3. See the above picture? This is why I am not finishing the project anyway. Because you can get anything for kids size 5 and under for $1 per item at any of the thrift stores I shop at. So why should I spend time making patterns and sewing, and spend money on second rate prints when I can find cute new things practically for free? And if I spend $1 on something Thacia won't wear when she suddenly decides she only likes "pretty dresses", I can donate it back without feeling exasperated and unappreciated.

Of course I'll keep making things for the girls. I won't be able to help myself. But I did get a little dose of reality this summer. You knew it was coming. I knew it was coming. Yeah. We knew.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...