Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Put a Bird On It

goldfinch in flight

We just got home from a fun week in Indiana with Daniel's parents, and I spent yesterday rushing around doing all the things that make me want to go on vacation in the first place, and the very same things that make me not want to leave home ever again! The laundry, cleaning out the refrigerator, dentists appointments... 

Today we are switching gears, and I am working on the applique quilt I have been alternately dreaming of and dreading for Thacia. This is a drawing for it, and I adore it. Perceptions are so deeply influenced by ideals, and not just in sketch! When I am drawing I definitely exaggerate curves. This goldfinch is probably not flight worthy as drawn, but I think I'll leave it. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...