Monday, December 2, 2013

Value Quilt

Value Quilt 2013

The  Value Quilt is finished!
Thanksgiving Day is a great time to do hand work if you don't have to be in the kitchen– which, thanks to my super family, I didn't this year. The food sure tasted better because I didn't have to cook it!

Value Quilt 2013

The night I put the new quilt on my daughter's bed my youngest was keenly jealous. She wanted a quilt too. I tucked her very happily into the crib quilt she usually ignores. I have to admit I was feeling gratified by all the appreciation for my work.

Value Quilt 2013

Then of course big sister decided she didn't actually want to sleep with her new quilt on her bed. She wads it up and throws it to the floor in the night.
These pictures are a grand fiction.

Value Quilt 2013

Little sister followed suit, of course, when I tried to tuck her in the next night. How could I even think of tucking her in with a quilt? Silly me.
I am hoping they like things I make for them by the time they are 40. That seems doable.

When did you start appreciating handmade things? I remember staring by the hours at the patterns in afghans and quilts made for me by the time I was 5 or so. I hope this will be a comfort and fascination to my daughter like those blankets were for me as a kid. Maybe next year, right?  

Value Quilt 2013

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...