Thursday, December 2, 2010

Be Still

Be Still T detail


This T design was a refreshing exception to the exasperating rule of designing shirts: Whoever commissions it thinks they haven't got anything particular in mind, so I work out some sketches. They say they can't imagine them as T-shirts, could I work them out in detail? So I spend a long time painting, drawing, collage, photo-shopping all the options, and then they confirm what they secretly thought all along: They want something completely different than any offering!

Thank you, Janette, for being so easy on me!
It is kind of a found poem. The words are from Psalm 46:10 Be still and know that I am God.
I find the arabesque pattern meditative to read:

Be still and know Be still Be still Be still and know I am.
Know that I am God. Be still.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...