Friday, May 6, 2011

Lattice Baby Quilt

Thacia's lattice quilt


I saw something like this here, and I didn't really know how they did it. I'd never done a quilt before, but I just dove in and worked it out on graph paper.

Thacia's lattice quilt


I might do it differently now, as strip piecing, but live and learn. I like how it turned out. It reflects T's personality well because she is very linear, but also zany.



The theme for her room is kind of sock animals, so I chose red, brown and oatmeal for the colors.

Thacia's lattice quilt reverse side


For the reverse side I bought a print and then realized I'd been cheap and not gotten enough, so I divided it into quarters and put white sashing between them. Mission accomplished.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...