Sunday, February 6, 2011

Found: Hand Embroidered Fantasy Linens

Embroidered Ship Linens

Pretend with me for a moment that it is Friday, because my mother has found something truly fantastic! Linens!

Embroidered Ship Linens

My mother found them in an estate sale and rightly snatched them up. They are priceless, or at least I could never afford them. To the best I can tell these are hand appliqued and embroidered including the cut work. The bouillon stitches are tiny and perfect.

Embroidered Ship Linens

Am I right in saying most of us would settle for having accomplished one of these exquisite ships in our lifetime? Well, there are 5 different kinds.

Embroidered Ship Linens

All 5 appear on the runner. 2 apiece show up on each napkin. Two. And there are 15 napkins.

Embroidered Ship Linens

That's 35 tiny, perfect ships. And that doesn't even count...

Embroidered Ship Linens

the sea monsters! This is just one, but there are just as many monsters. Doesn't it look like Narnia? My mother believes they are not, in fact, of Narnian origin, but that they are from the Netherlands.
Embroidered Ship Linens

Which is pretty cool too. The only problem is that I can never ever ever use them except when serving extremely dry bread and water lest any one of the 15 napkins get their first stain. So I'll have to stick with the napkins I embroidered a few years ago.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...